This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.22 --- Stil frozen. Machine maintainers start testing.
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 13:31:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.22 --- Stil frozen. Machine maintainers start testing.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55AFB23E dot 5030908 at arm dot com> <55B75DDB dot 4090305 at arm dot com> <20150728113128 dot GF21252 at vapier>
On 28/07/15 12:31, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On 28 Jul 2015 11:47, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
On 22/07/15 16:09, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
BZ 17918 dynamic-linker race: pthread_create can access
GL(dl_tls_max_dtv_idx) and GL(dl_tls_generation) without
holding the rtld lock.
i don't know about any fix for this.
this is the cause of nptl/tst-stack4 failure, it affects all archs,
it happens about once out of 100 runs here on aarch64.
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-tls.c: 493: _dl_allocate_tls_init:
Assertion `listp->slotinfo[cnt].gen <= _rtld_local._dl_tls_generation'
is this a regression ? if not, has it increased in frequency ? if not,
and there isn't a clear fix, i'm not sure it qualifies as a blocker.
it's not new, the frequency actually decreased since