This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Re: glibc 2.22 --- Stil frozen. Machine maintainers start testing.
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:47:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: Re: glibc 2.22 --- Stil frozen. Machine maintainers start testing.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55AFB23E dot 5030908 at arm dot com>
On 22/07/15 16:09, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
On 20/07/15 21:15, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
This is a reminder that master is still frozen.
Only bug fixes and documentation patches.
Machine maintainers should *start* testing to make sure you
don't run into any unforseen problems.
I'd like to have the last bug fixes in by the end of the week.
i cannot edit
here is an update on a new toolchain:
gcc version 6.0.0 20150724 (experimental), aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 126.96.36.19950727
Linux 3.18.5 #1 SMP PREEMPT aarch64
Summary of test results:
there is a fix as part of the cancel changes:
i can fix this independently, but i think it is ok
to delay this until next release and do it with the
other pending issues:
BZ 17918 dynamic-linker race: pthread_create can access
GL(dl_tls_max_dtv_idx) and GL(dl_tls_generation) without
holding the rtld lock.
i don't know about any fix for this.
this is the cause of nptl/tst-stack4 failure, it affects all archs,
it happens about once out of 100 runs here on aarch64.
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-tls.c: 493: _dl_allocate_tls_init:
Assertion `listp->slotinfo[cnt].gen <= _rtld_local._dl_tls_generation'
BZ 18707 aarch64 --enable-profile is broken because asm
for the mcount call clobbers registers it shouldn't.
i have a fix for this, not published yet.