This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: How to build/test glibc with new gcc
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:23:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: How to build/test glibc with new gcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55A9324B dot 2090503 at arm dot com> <55A93549 dot 8090703 at linaro dot org> <55A93DFB dot 60003 at redhat dot com> <55A93F2A dot 7090207 at linaro dot org> <55A94856 dot 3060503 at redhat dot com> <55A95517 dot 8050504 at linaro dot org>
On 07/17/2015 03:18 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> Is that a problem with your sysroot setup then?
> Not really, back when I used to use this patch the idea was to no use
There is no real technical reason not to use a sysroot?
The sysroot is merely a chroot with all the things in it
that you need. If you fail to complete the sysroot setup
(which mind you is hard sometimes), then you get references
outside the sysroot.