This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Design goals of the dynamic loader.
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:54:51 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Design goals of the dynamic loader.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1437033625-13561-1-git-send-email-siddhesh at redhat dot com> <55A7D4D6 dot 9030407 at redhat dot com> <20150717032846 dot GA19592 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <55A87E63 dot 5030506 at redhat dot com> <20150717043706 dot GC19592 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <55A931B0 dot 1010208 at redhat dot com>
I concur with this analysis of what rtld is and should be. I concur with
the goal of getting ldd support out of rtld proper. The details beyond
that need more discussion before becoming specific goals (to me).