This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Design goals of the dynamic loader.
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, roland at hack dot frob dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 07:13:26 +0530
- Subject: Re: Design goals of the dynamic loader.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1437033625-13561-1-git-send-email-siddhesh at redhat dot com> <55A7D4D6 dot 9030407 at redhat dot com> <20150717032846 dot GA19592 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <55A87E63 dot 5030506 at redhat dot com> <20150717043706 dot GC19592 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <55A931B0 dot 1010208 at redhat dot com>
I disagree with the design goals as they're stated. I won't waste
time with this though because I don't see anybody agreeing with my
more conservative stand on how robust the dynamic linker should be.