This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #18508] S390: Fix "backtrace() returns infinitely deep stack frames with makecontext()".
- From: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 08:11:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #18508] S390: Fix "backtrace() returns infinitely deep stack frames with makecontext()".
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ml71gu$et2$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <557AA306 dot 4090208 at redhat dot com> <mleq97$5v2$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <87eglhvsst dot fsf at igel dot home> <mlm3f3$bbu$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <559651D0 dot 1030704 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOqs_DPaN=h_dnskMEyvSkG6PrVhr2vXJp7+_sejKenXBg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOr+tMWUN8ruaLoA9wT_bEcgJx4dfzjXSEVqSwRh-LK7ng at mail dot gmail dot com> <559C224F dot 2090600 at redhat dot com> <mnj3c8$npj$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <559D372C dot 9070105 at redhat dot com> <559D3794 dot 3020408 at redhat dot com> <mnlb2i$md$2 at ger dot gmane dot org>
Is this patch okay for 2.22?
On 07/09/2015 10:23 AM, Stefan Liebler wrote:
On 07/08/2015 04:45 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On 07/08/2015 10:43 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On 07/08/2015 08:00 AM, Stefan Liebler wrote:
On 07/07/2015 09:02 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On 07/07/2015 01:47 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
Please fix this promptly as glibc 2.22 will be released
shortly and the test results should be clean. If we can't
fix it promptly, then we should revert the test changes.
the testcase seems to be okay, but there is a bug in i686 backtrace
handling if the context was set via makecontext.
If we revert the test changes, the test case will pass, but the bug
is only hidden.
If that's the case then please file a bug on sourceware for
this particular failure, mark the test as XFAIL for i686 and
use a comment to reference the bug when you mark it XFAIL.
Bug 18635 was already filed by H.J, so use that.
This patch marks stdlib/tst-makecontext as XFAIL for i686.
Ok to commit?
2015-07-09 Stefan Liebler <email@example.com>
* sysdeps/i386/i686/Makefile (test-xfail-tst-makecontext):