This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Kill regexp.h
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 17:57:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Kill regexp.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150712195501 dot D8E5C14B9A at panix1 dot panix dot com> <87bnfh3xzw dot fsf at igel dot home>
On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> writes:
>> The ABI checker does not appear to cover these symbols;
> What do you mean with that?
I mean that neither `make check-abi` nor the tester described at
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Testing/ABI_checker found a problem
with this patch, however, the latter specifically cannot handle
regexp.h (because of the macros) so I was uncertain whether the
relevant symbols had actually been tested. I see now that they *are*
in the .abilist files, so hopefully that's good enough.