This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Kill regexp.h
- From: Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <kon at iki dot fi>
- To: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 08:35:22 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Kill regexp.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150712195501 dot D8E5C14B9A at panix1 dot panix dot com>
Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> writes:
> Moreover, the code in regexp.h that uses those macros has been buggy
> since its creation (in 1996) and no one has noticed, which indicates
> to me that there are no users. (Specifically, RETURN() is used in a
> whole bunch of cases where it should have been ERROR().)
Also, it allocates new memory for the compiled regexp, instead of
using the memory that the caller provided for that purpose.