This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Bumping _SC_GET*_R_SIZE_MAX to 4096?
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 08:57:18 -0400
- Subject: Bumping _SC_GET*_R_SIZE_MAX to 4096?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Over the years I've seen requests to bump
the _SC_GET*_R_SIZE_MAX constant from 1024
to 4096. Apparently there are systems where
the smaller buffer always forces a reallocation
and I'm told that Mac OSX already uses 4096
for these constants.
Are there any implications, other than increased
application memory usage?