This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH, MPX] MPX-specific changes in dl_runtime routines
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Zamyatin, Igor" <igor dot zamyatin at intel dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 16:28:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, MPX] MPX-specific changes in dl_runtime routines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0EFAB2BDD0F67E4FB6CCC8B9F87D75696A91AC38 at IRSMSX101 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOqq9uHZHOG8-ByX5bt4xyy77Cb9PJWccaR_kMTOnt7qDQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOq-5XqT8CRBrrb69nbzYEL0=0r2fM9CDeBDF8xhzXV_JQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <0EFAB2BDD0F67E4FB6CCC8B9F87D75696A921FC8 at IRSMSX101 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOoUr1fjCHDsd+kbiFZ5KL_HoDB_GG65epxqpX7AcocvZw at mail dot gmail dot com> <0EFAB2BDD0F67E4FB6CCC8B9F87D75696A9220AE at IRSMSX101 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOo81zoKpt+QmmVYjfjV2=KwLkYiqeADv3kMyeouM+9uug at mail dot gmail dot com> <0EFAB2BDD0F67E4FB6CCC8B9F87D75696A9235F6 at IRSMSX101 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOoXLPUr_LUexoRKjrCdNhP0J8EMY+1XNAaLnpW1qknb7w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 07:12:24AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 6:37 AM, Zamyatin, Igor <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Zamyatin, Igor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> >> wrote:
> >> > Fixed in the attached patch
> >> >
> >> I fixed some typos and updated sysdeps/i386/configure for
> >> HAVE_MPX_SUPPORT. Please verify both with HAVE_MPX_SUPPORT and
> >> without on i386 and x86-64.
> > Done, all works fine
> I checked it in for you.
These are nice but you could have same problem with lazy tls allocation.
I wrote patch to merge trampolines, which now conflicts. Could you write
similar patch to solve that? Original purpose was to always save xmm
registers so we could use sse2 routines which speeds up lookup time.