This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc/libtirpc and future of client RPC code
- From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse dot de>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, libtirpc-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net
- Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:31:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: glibc/libtirpc and future of client RPC code
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150624124457 dot GA7930 at suse dot de> <20150625100529 dot GQ17734 at vapier>
On Thu, Jun 25, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> pretty sure the --disable-obsolete-rpc flag already accomplishes this. the
> problem is that libtirpc is not a full replacement yet for the API in glibc.
Yes, I learned that now, too, even after fixing some functions
and adding missing compat functions, there are still quite a lot
of small, but important changes. Especially the naming of variables
in structs :(
Is there somewhere a list or something similar with the biggest problems
found out when tryint to disable sunrpc in glibc by default?
With my latest TI-RPC patches, I only see two remaining problems,
both not solveable and needs adjustement in the applications:
1. programs trying to hook into svc_run().
2. different naming of some variables.
The later may be solveable with some defines.
Thorsten Kukuk, Senior Architect SLES & Common Code Base
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)