Re: [Libtirpc-devel] glibc/libtirpc and future of client RPC code

On Thu, Jun 25, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 05:33:58PM +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

> > This would mean we would need a switch to disable building
> > the nis directory in glibc, or at least to disable building
> > and installing libnss_nis and libnss_nisplus and installing
> > the libnsl header files.
> >
> > > What code in libtirpc calls on YP and NIS+ ? Should that be
> > > moved as well?
> >
> That would be nice. As glibc libnns_nis are in maintainance mode if you
> could make stable replacement we would welcome removing these and
> telling distros to add dependency on your library for future version.

I worked on that last week:

https://github.com/thkukuk/libnsl
https://github.com/thkukuk/libnss_compat
https://github.com/thkukuk/libnss_nis

The NIS+ stuff is not yet complete, I need to rewrite
the callback function for TI-RPC.
Else it's currently only building with TI-RPC, not SunRPC from
glibc, but that should be easy to solve.

But the NIS and compat stuff is working fine with TI-RPC.

Oh, and I forgot: of course you need the latest libtirpc from git
plus some additional patches I did send upstream, but not yet added ...

  Thorsten

GF: Felix ImendÃrffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG NÃrnberg)