This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [Patch, MIPS] Modify memset.S for mips32r6/mips64r6
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:43:55 -0800
- Subject: RE: [Patch, MIPS] Modify memset.S for mips32r6/mips64r6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2923c970-026c-4e00-be7a-0650e82421b5 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320F8CECA at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412200020590 dot 29462 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <1419270604 dot 27606 dot 32 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412221757050 dot 5278 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
- Reply-to: <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
On Mon, 2014-12-22 at 17:58 +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2014, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > Would sysdeps/unix/mips/sysdep.h be an appropriate place to define
> > __mips_isa_rev? That header is already used by memcpy and memset.
> > I thought about using asm.h but that header is visible to users and
> > defining it there would be a visible change that could affect user
> > programs. sysdep.h is internal to glibc and so does not have that
> > problem.
> Seems reasonable. This sysdep.h patch is OK. Does it fix all
> __mips_isa_rev -Wundef warnings in the build (for the older MIPS versions
> for which this was an issue) or do some files need changing to include
It should fix all the _mips_isa_rev -Wundef warnings except for the
check I added last week to sysdeps/mips/machine-gmon.h. Neither that
header nor gmon/mcount.c which uses that header includes sysdep.h.