This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITED][v2] manual: Remove incorrect claim that qsort() can be stabilized
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 18:53:00 -0800
- Subject: Re: [COMMITED][v2] manual: Remove incorrect claim that qsort() can be stabilized
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1407022115210 dot 28890 at all-night-tool dot MIT dot EDU> <20141210154909 dot GA31968 at domone> <54892DF9 dot 8080007 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <548962CE dot 5060903 at redhat dot com>
Florian Weimer wrote:
Ugh, that's a new requirement in C99, isn't it?
Yes, this qsort requirement wasn't in C89.
(Though I wouldn't call it "new". Many people I work with were in kindergarten
when C99 came out....)