This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [COMMITED][v2] manual: Remove incorrect claim that qsort() can be stabilized
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: Anders Kaseorg <andersk at MIT dot EDU>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 21:39:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: [COMMITED][v2] manual: Remove incorrect claim that qsort() can be stabilized
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1407022115210 dot 28890 at all-night-tool dot MIT dot EDU> <20141210154909 dot GA31968 at domone>
OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
+The addresses passed to the comparison function need not correspond with
+the original location of the objects, and need not even lie within the
The last clause is incorrect. C11 and POSIX both require that the addresses
passed to the comparison function must point to elements of the original array,
and glibc qsort conforms to the standards here. Please fix this.