This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: -Werror now enabled by default
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:27:22 +0000
- Subject: Re: -Werror now enabled by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412100115170 dot 18857 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <54885181 dot 8010409 at arm dot com>
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> On 10/12/14 01:17, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > I've committed the patch to enable -Werror by default. I get a clean
> > build and test on x86_64 with GCC 4.9, but *this is expected to break the
> > build for some other configurations*. If you see build breakage from
> > warnings, you should submit patches to fix or disable those warnings as
> > appropriate (or use -Wno-error if really necessary - only for warnings not
> > enabled by an option that can be used in diagnostic pragmas).
> > -Wno-error=undef is used until the build and test is clean for -Wundef on
> > at least one configuration.
> I'm seeing testsuite failures on AArch64:
> tst-mbswcs1.c: In function âdo_testâ:
> tst-mbswcs1.c:54:3: error: format â%Zdâ expects argument of type âsigned
> size_tâ, but argument 2 has type âintâ [-Werror=format=]
> show (mbrtowc (&wc, (const char *) buf + 0, 1, &state), 1, 37);
Why isn't the "CFLAGS-tst-mbswcs1.c = -Wno-format" in localedata/Makefile
working for you?
Joseph S. Myers