This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
-Werror now enabled by default
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 01:17:27 +0000
- Subject: -Werror now enabled by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've committed the patch to enable -Werror by default. I get a clean
build and test on x86_64 with GCC 4.9, but *this is expected to break the
build for some other configurations*. If you see build breakage from
warnings, you should submit patches to fix or disable those warnings as
appropriate (or use -Wno-error if really necessary - only for warnings not
enabled by an option that can be used in diagnostic pragmas).
-Wno-error=undef is used until the build and test is clean for -Wundef on
at least one configuration.
Joseph S. Myers