This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Make __extern_always_inline usable on clang++ again
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, David Sommerseth <davids at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:48:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Make __extern_always_inline usable on clang++ again
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140916102016 dot GM6586 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20140916104146 dot GX17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140916112618 dot GO6586 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <541861E7 dot 5050504 at redhat dot com> <5471A5A0 dot 3090308 at archlinux dot org>
On 11/23/2014 04:15 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
> Any reason this patch was not committed to the 2.20 branch. The extern
> inline one was (BZ #17266, commit 979add9f) and without this one the
> 2.20 branch is quite broken with clang.
No reason that I know of. Please go ahead and push it into 2.20.
Per my suggested rules the fact that this was OK for master
makes it OK for 2.20.