This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][AARCH64][BZ #16850]Increase MINSIGSTKSZ & SIGSTKSZ
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: catalin dot marinas at arm dot com
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Renlin Li <renlin dot li at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:42:59 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AARCH64][BZ #16850]Increase MINSIGSTKSZ & SIGSTKSZ
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5465D638 dot 2070403 at arm dot com>
On 14 November 2014 10:15, Renlin Li <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> This patch duplicates sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/sigstack.h into
> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/bits/sigstack.h and modifies only SIGSTCKSZ
> and MINSIGSTKSZ.
> The ucontext_t is 4560 bytes, siginfo_t is 128 bytes. The required sigframe
> is far larger than the current default MINSIGSTKSZ (which is 2048). Thus, I
> increase MINSIGSTKSZ to 8192, and adjust SIGSTCKSZ accordingly.
> Glibc has been build and test on the model, no new issues.
> Okay to commit?
> 2014-11-14 Renlin Li <Renlin.Li@arm.com>
> [BZ #16850]
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/bits/sigstack.h: New.
Catalin, We need to lift raise the values of MINSIGSTKSZ and
SIGSTCKSZ the former is currently smaller than a signal frame which
makes it unusable. These are defined in both glibc and in the kernel
but should be kept in sync. The proposal in glibc is to lift these to
8192 and 18384 respectively. Thoughts?