Re: [BZ#17090/17620/17621]: fix DTV race, assert, and DTV_SURPLUS Static TLS limit

On Nov 18, 2014, Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> wrote:

> Use __glibc_{,un}likely rather than __builtin_expect.

*nod*, I've now changed the code I had reindented.

> Can you confirm that this does not change the set of states that might be
> seen by td_thr_tlsbase?

No, but I can confirm that, after this change, td_thr_tlsbase may return
as much garbage for Static TLS modules as the current code may for
dynamic TLS modules, since it doesn't check generation counts.

It would be possible to change it so that it compares the generation
count of the module and that of the DTV, so as to avoid returning
garbage; it could even compute the address for Static TLS modules, so
that we kept on returning the same pointer, regardless of what is
actually in the DTV.  Should it?

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer