This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Add macros for diagnostic control, use them in locale/weightwc.h
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 13:18:08 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Add macros for diagnostic control, use them in locale/weightwc.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411181803130 dot 11642 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <546BB1B1 dot 50000 at cs dot ucla dot edu>
> My kneejerk reaction is that attempting to minimize the scope of
> disabled warnings will make code harder to read and maintain, and the
> costs of minimization may outweigh the benefits.
I strongly disagree. We should only ever disable warnings with the
tightest possible scope around where we know for sure we need to.