Re: Discrepancy between /proc/cpuinfo and glibc are suspend

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 04:01:47PM +0100, Richard Henderson wrote:
> How a microcode update could get lost, I've no idea, since I don't
> know how that interacts with cpus that the kernel decides to power
> down.  But I can't imagine except that this is a kernel bug.

That's quite unusual, the kernel goes to some lengths to ensure that
microcode is reprogrammed on resume from suspend (and also from
hibernate... see syscore_resume() in kernel/power/*.c)

Dropping the default loglevel to debug should get some messages printed
about which cpus got reprogrammed on resume, which would be useful
(also, to find out if it's unique to Intel or AMD, since they're
separate codepaths.)

--Kyle