Discrepancy between /proc/cpuinfo and glibc are suspend

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can shed insight onto my problem...

We load Intel microcode early in boot and it successfully disables HLE.
However, after resume from suspend, glibc tries using HLE again.
/proc/cpuinfo reports no HLE before and after suspend, so there seems to
be a disagreement between that and glibc.  We also have a user report
that the cpuid software (I am not familiar with it) reports no HLE
before suspend by reports 1/4 cpu with HLE support after suspend.

I am not sure if this is a glibc issue at all, although the dependency
between what glibc detects as enabled and /proc/cpuinfo is troubling,
particularly as glibc is wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Allan