This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Thoughts on bug 15884
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Leonhard Holz <leonhard dot holz at web dot de>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:24:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: Thoughts on bug 15884
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5416A626 dot 3050501 at web dot de> <54171E87 dot 8050604 at redhat dot com> <54183416 dot 4030707 at web dot de>
Leonhard Holz wrote:
Maybe there are other use case ideas or input sources? And should I vary
the collation? Actually C.UTF-8 is choosen.
I suggest also using lists of file names, since they're often compared
using strcoll. For example, run the following command in the glibc
find . -printf '%f\n'
For locales, I suggest "C" and "en_US.utf8" since they're the
most-commonly used. Also, if the source text is (say) German, I would
also use the German locale for that test.