This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Implement strlcpy [BZ #178]
- From: Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>, eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:08:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implement strlcpy [BZ #178]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54170B62 dot 90900 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <54171592 dot 3040609 at redhat dot com> <54171793 dot 4080900 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <20140915 dot 125633 dot 1631061894621241191 dot davem at davemloft dot net> <54172A83 dot 6050504 at redhat dot com>
Florian Weimer wrote:
> The implementations I have seen bypass fortify protection. We could
> make libbsd the canonical implementation and bring it up to current
> glibc standards, but it would be a Fedora-only effort with limited
Why would that be a Fedora-only effort with limited benefit?