This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Propose fix for race conditions in pthread cancellation (bz#12683)
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 14:49:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Propose fix for race conditions in pthread cancellation (bz#12683)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5410C70E dot 70207 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 09/10/2014 11:47 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
Anyway, now I would like comments about proposed solution and if the cases for
new failures should not be allowed or if testcases now should be adjusted.
Will it be possible to use this mechanism to make selected lock-free
algorithms inside glibc async-signal-safe? I think rewinding to a
previous address will be sufficient in many cases, but a more general
approach which completes execution of a critical section in the signal
handler could be desirable.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security