This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Manual varies by machine.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:32:01 -0400
- Subject: Manual varies by machine.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The present glibc manual varies by machine. Would it be
acceptable to make it a general principle that the manual
should *not* vary by machine and that it should always be
consistent for any build?
The most glaring variations are because of libm-err-tab.pl
being generated per machine. I'd hope we could check something
in for the manual there. Not to mention I worry about the
license of the resulting output of that file.