This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] Add correct variable names for _POSIX_IPV6 and _POSIX_RAW_SOCKETS
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:06:55 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Add correct variable names for _POSIX_IPV6 and _POSIX_RAW_SOCKETS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140912111316 dot GA28404 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
That looks OK. But we should consider as a cleanup removing all the
#ifdef's from getconf.c entirely. All configurations use the same
bits/confname.h, so there is no actual variation being tested here.
I'm not sure that POSIX actually allows us any leeway to omit any of
the _SC_* or _PC_* symbols. But even if it does, I can't really see
a reason why we'd want to let the GNU API vary that way.