This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] Fix typo in _REGEX_VERSION name
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:04:05 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Fix typo in _REGEX_VERSION name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140912111245 dot GA28267 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
_REGEX_VERSION is never defined and in fact it was removed from the
standard. For backward compatibility we must support _SC_REGEX_VERSION and
return -1 without setting errno, but I don't think we should treat this
like the real cases any more. That is, just unconditionally return -1
and a comment about it having been removed in 1003.1-2004.