This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve performance of strncpy
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Wilco Dijkstra <wdijkstr at arm dot com>, azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:34:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve performance of strncpy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <001301cfcd0a$f0b62670$d2227350$ at com>
On 09/10/2014 05:21 PM, Wilco Dijkstra wrote:
Yes, you're right, I timed it and there is actually little difference, while
the code is now even simpler. New version below (not attaching results in bad
characters due to various mail servers changing line endings).
OK for commit?
I think you could simplify it down to strnlen, memcpy, and memset.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security