This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [PATCH] Improve performance of strcat
- From: "Wilco Dijkstra" <wdijkstr at arm dot com>
- To: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:32:50 +0100
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] Improve performance of strcat
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wilco Dijkstra [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: 07 August 2014 14:28
> To: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
> Subject: [PATCH] Improve performance of strcat
> This patch improves strcat performance by using strlen and strcpy. Strlen has a fast C
> implementation, so this improves performance even on targets which don't have an optimized
> strlen and strcpy - it is 25% faster in bench-strcat. On targets which don't provide an
> optimized strcat but which do have an optimized strlen and strcpy, performance gain is > 2x.
> OK for commit?
> 2014-08-07 Wilco Dijkstra <email@example.com>
> * string/strcat.c (strcat): Improve performance by using strlen/strcpy.