This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve performance of strcat
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Wilco Dijkstra <wdijkstr at arm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:24:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve performance of strcat
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000101cfb243$63a5b1b0$2af11510$ at com>
On 08/07/2014 03:27 PM, Wilco Dijkstra wrote:
This patch improves strcat performance by using strlen and strcpy. Strlen has a fast C
implementation, so this improves performance even on targets which don't have an optimized strlen
and strcpy - it is 25% faster in bench-strcat. On targets which don't provide an optimized strcat
but which do have an optimized strlen and strcpy, performance gain is > 2x.
OK for commit?
This is okay for master. Thanks.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security