This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: resolv.conf format for DNSSEC [was: DNSSEC support in stub-resolver]
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Petr Spacek <pspacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:34:53 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: resolv.conf format for DNSSEC [was: DNSSEC support in stub-resolver]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <535E41F5 dot 5020109 at redhat dot com> <loom dot 20140612T135904-448 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140612160823 dot E308B2C39C1 at topped-with-meat dot com> <1402659130 dot 6191 dot 52 dot camel at dhcp-2-127 dot brq dot redhat dot com> <53A3EF1E dot 2070909 at redhat dot com>
I'm not very sanguine about the notion of another configuration file. One
reason is that everyone's resolver would now do an addition open for a file
that won't be there, adding to overhead. Complexity and unexpected new
magic are other reasons. It needs more thought and more opinions from
people who know the resolver code.