This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/tls-init] Tile: Define TLS_DEFINE_INIT_TP
- From: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at tilera dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:55:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/tls-init] Tile: Define TLS_DEFINE_INIT_TP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140609204547 dot 0A8BE2C39AC at topped-with-meat dot com> <53972F54 dot 9090405 at tilera dot com> <20140611192908 dot D24532C39A6 at topped-with-meat dot com> <5398C005 dot 3050803 at tilera dot com> <20140611205347 dot D6AA42C39A5 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 6/11/2014 4:53 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
Something like this?
Assuming C tail calls to PLT functions really don't ever touch the stack on
Tile machines (as on AArch64), then that looks perfect.
Yes, the pthread __vfork function is just a single jump to __libc_vfork via the PLT.
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.