This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #16823] Fix log1pl returning wrong infinity sign
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:02:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #16823] Fix log1pl returning wrong infinity sign
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <li3hm5$hus$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <53562754 dot 3040706 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On 22 April 2014 09:24, Stefan Liebler <email@example.com> wrote:
> log1pl (-1) now returns with -inf instead of +inf in FE_DOWNWARD rounding
> mode. The source code producing the -inf for the double/float variants is
> the same, but on S390 the compiler generates a division by constant +zero
> and ignores the (x-x).
> Thus i also changed it to the constant zero in the double/float functions.
> IÂve tested it on S390.
> Please test it on other platforms because there are also reports for the
> same failure on aarch64 (see bug comment 1)
> and sparc (https://www.sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-04/msg00410.html).
> Give feedback in order to commit the patch.
This resolves the failure on aarch64....