This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Error checking for SETXID (bug 13347)
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:03:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Error checking for SETXID (bug 13347)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53304186 dot 4000909 at redhat dot com>
On 03/24/2014 03:30 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
Check for syscall error in the SETXID implementation in NPTL (bug 13347).
At this point, we can only abort the process because we have already
switched credentials on other threads. Returning an error would still
leave the process in an inconsistent state.
The new xtest needs root privileges to run.
It turns out that the patch is wrong/incomplete. The abort needs to be
restricted to cases where we actually see inconsistent failure/success
behavior. I will work on a fix.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team