This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 3/N, MPX, x86_64] Intel MPX support in glibc for x86_64
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: "Zamyatin, Igor" <igor dot zamyatin at intel dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:52:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/N, MPX, x86_64] Intel MPX support in glibc for x86_64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0EFAB2BDD0F67E4FB6CCC8B9F87D756942978DC6 at IRSMSX101 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com>
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Zamyatin, Igor <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi All!
> Attached patch concludes (see the beginning here - http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-03/msg00491.html, second patch - http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-03/msg00543.html) adding support for Intel MPX in Glibc for x86_64. Current change adds storing and restoring of bound registers in _dl_x86_64_save_sse and _dl_x86_64_restore_sse.
> Is it ok to install?
> 2014-03-19 Igor Zamyatin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * sysdeps/x86_64/tls.h (tcbhead_t): Add rtld_savespace_bnd field.
> * sysdeps/x86_64/tcb-offsets.sym: Add RTLD_SAVESPACE_BND.
> * sysdeps/x86_64/dl-trampoline.S (_dl_x86_64_save_sse): Add preserving
> of the Intel MPX bound registers.
> (_dl_x86_64_restore_sse): Add restoring of the Intel MPX bound
Do we really need this since bound registers have been saved
and restored in _dl_runtime_resolve?