This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RE: [PATCH 3/N, MPX, x86_64] Intel MPX support in glibc for x86_64
- From: "Zamyatin, Igor" <igor dot zamyatin at intel dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:55:56 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH 3/N, MPX, x86_64] Intel MPX support in glibc for x86_64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0EFAB2BDD0F67E4FB6CCC8B9F87D756942978DC6 at IRSMSX101 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOqi2zNyCV1AwLXTFGf+yRep10dzXOxdZvhc+F=Sf8jLfA at mail dot gmail dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: H.J. Lu [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:53 PM
> To: Zamyatin, Igor
> Cc: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/N, MPX, x86_64] Intel MPX support in glibc for x86_64
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Zamyatin, Igor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Hi All!
> > Attached patch concludes (see the beginning here -
> http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-03/msg00491.html, second patch -
> http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-03/msg00543.html) adding
> support for Intel MPX in Glibc for x86_64. Current change adds storing and
> restoring of bound registers in _dl_x86_64_save_sse and
> > Is it ok to install?
> > 2014-03-19 Igor Zamyatin <email@example.com>
> > * sysdeps/x86_64/tls.h (tcbhead_t): Add rtld_savespace_bnd field.
> > * sysdeps/x86_64/tcb-offsets.sym: Add RTLD_SAVESPACE_BND.
> > * sysdeps/x86_64/dl-trampoline.S (_dl_x86_64_save_sse): Add
> > of the Intel MPX bound registers.
> > (_dl_x86_64_restore_sse): Add restoring of the Intel MPX bound
> > registers.
> Do we really need this since bound registers have been saved and restored
> in _dl_runtime_resolve?
Looks like you're right, saving/restoring in _dl_runtime_resolve should be enough