This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Notice clock_* functions in librt.so for old GLIBC_2.18 builds?
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot com>, Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, Adam Conrad <adconrad at 0c3 dot net>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:03:58 -0300
- Subject: Re: Notice clock_* functions in librt.so for old GLIBC_2.18 builds?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53070029 dot 90407 at redhat dot com> <877g8opzuv dot fsf at igel dot home> <87y514oio2 dot fsf at igel dot home>
On 21-02-2014 07:37, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> "Carlos O'Donell" <email@example.com> writes:
>>> The conditional is:
>>> #if SHLIB_COMPAT (librt, GLIBC_2_2, GLIBC_2_17)
>>> Which should result in no code if the ABI starts at
>>> GLIBC_2_17 or later.
>> I think the problem is that there is no GLIBC_2.17 in Versions.def for
>> librt. If the minimum version is GLIBC_2.17 this is implicit, but with
>> GLIBC_2.18 or later this doesn't work.
> I have verified that after adding this the clock_* symbols disapper when
> building with a minimum version of GLIBC_2.18. I have installed this
> patch. Perhaps there is a way to automatically validate all uses of
> SHLIB_COMPAT wrt. missing entries in Versions.def.
Shouldn't we just add new version for each GLIBC release to automatically avoid suck issue?
Is there any downside about doing it?