This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ia64 failing tst-backtrace4 due to not enough debug info
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 14:12:22 +0000
- Subject: Re: ia64 failing tst-backtrace4 due to not enough debug info
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201312300550 dot 26073 dot vapier at gentoo dot org>
On Mon, 30 Dec 2013, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> it looks like a limitation in the libunwind logic (part of gcc) ? the ia64
I believe ia64 might use either libgcc unwind code or separate libunwind.
> backtrace code uses the x86_64 file and that just calls _Unwind_* funcs that
> come via gcc. which means i should bounce this to upstream gcc and not worry
> about the test failure in glibc right ? i've never poked into the unwind lib
> too closely before ...
I don't think it can usefully be reported to GCC until you've traced the
backtracing process yourself and identified either (a) a case where you
can describe exactly what's wrong with the unwind information generated by
GCC compared to what you say it should generate that would allow
backtracing here or (b) a case where the unwind information is sufficient
but one of the _Unwind_* functions, that you've identified as coming from
libgcc, is handling it in an identified incorrect or suboptimal way.
Joseph S. Myers