This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH][BZ 15846] Add error reporting (via errno) to getauxval().
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Brooks Moses <bmoses at google dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:11:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH][BZ 15846] Add error reporting (via errno) to getauxval().
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1386664513-28730-1-git-send-email-bmoses at google dot com>
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 12:35:13AM -0800, Brooks Moses wrote:
> As discussed in the recent thread on my $EXEC_ORIGIN patch and in BZ way
> of reporting an error condition. It currently returns zero on error,
> but this may also be a valid result for some auxv entries. As there is
> no clear invalid result for all current and future auxv entries, this
> patch sets errno (following a suggestion in the BZ entry).
> This is still an RFC because I haven't yet tested it; at present it's a
> strawman to confirm that the proposed solution has consensus approval.
In implementation you need to also clear errno otherwise it could
originate from previous getaddrinfo or such.