This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC][PATCH][BZ 15846] Add error reporting (via errno) to getauxval().
- From: Brooks Moses <bmoses at google dot com>
- To: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- Cc: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, Brooks Moses <bmoses at google dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:38:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH][BZ 15846] Add error reporting (via errno) to getauxval().
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1386664513-28730-1-git-send-email-bmoses at google dot com>
Apologies; somehow in editing this I managed to lose a line in the
middle of the first paragraph. Corrected below:
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Brooks Moses <email@example.com> wrote:
> As discussed in the recent thread on my $EXEC_ORIGIN patch and in BZ
15846, getauxval() presently has no unambiguous
> way of reporting an error condition. It currently returns zero on error,
> but this may also be a valid result for some auxv entries. As there is
> no clear invalid result for all current and future auxv entries, this
> patch sets errno (following a suggestion in the BZ entry).