This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI 5/6: LD_AUDIT interface changes
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 10:58:03 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI 5/6: LD_AUDIT interface changes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201312031833 dot rB3IXrnM006082 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com>
On 03-12-2013 16:33, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> On 12-11-2013 19:23, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
>>> In addition, the patch contains two unrelated changes to the
>>> PLT trampoline routines: it fixes a bug where FPR return values
>>> were stored in the wrong place, and it removes the unnecessary
>>> save/restore of CR.
>> Is this bug user visible? Do we have a bug report for this?
> Well, it would be visibile to an audit function that tries to
> inspect a return value passed in an FPR ... I don't think
> anybody actually ran into this, Alan found the bug while
> looking over the code.