This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Consensus on MT-, AS- and AC-Safety docs.
- From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- To: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal dot cx>
- Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 11:02:51 -0200
- Subject: Re: Consensus on MT-, AS- and AC-Safety docs.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528A7C8F dot 8060805 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311182312130 dot 8831 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <528BA2DA dot 3090608 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311192205550 dot 8742 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <ortxf6tcpk dot fsf at livre dot home> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1311211304050 dot 14539 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <orzjoxro50 dot fsf at livre dot home> <1385159850 dot 3152 dot 2815 dot camel at triegel dot csb>
On Nov 22, 2013, Torvald Riegel <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Thus, it will be in the context of full English sentences
Actually, no; the context of the keywords is supposed to be a one-line
âtableâ already containing such abbreviated English words as MT-Safe and
AC-Unsafe. It's not running text in any way you look at it.
> Also, unless we (likely will) need to distinguish the two cases you
> mentioned, why do we need to make it more specific?
You mean distinguishing between a function setting the fenv and not
restoring it upon return, from its not setting up a cleanup handler to
restore it upon cancellation? Well, I guess if we're going for
sacrificing precision for brevity we could just go for
floating-point-environment. Or fenv. Or something even less
descriptive of the issue...
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter http://FSFLA.org/~lxoliva/
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Gandhi
Be Free! -- http://FSFLA.org/ FSF Latin America board member
Free Software Evangelist Red Hat Brazil Compiler Engineer