This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] manual/memory.texi: Bring aligned allocation docs up to date.
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Patch Tracking <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:23:32 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] manual/memory.texi: Bring aligned allocation docs up to date.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527A6F48 dot 5040803 at linaro dot org> <CANu=DmhEy_u64riYr_FGjXC2sAGW2GNkZtim-OuoTdEJ8Nt2CQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
This version of the patch suggests posix_memalign,
and doesn't mention aligned_alloc at all. The documentation
should suggest aligned_alloc first, and posix_memalign second.
aligned_alloc is the better interface and is part of C11 so it'll
be available on more platforms eventually; posix_memalign
is also worth mentioning as it's available on more platforms