This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch][committed] Fix failure in nptl/tst-cleanup2 with GCC-4.9
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:22:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch][committed] Fix failure in nptl/tst-cleanup2 with GCC-4.9
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ye6qsiuq7wgt dot fsf at elbrus2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com>
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:35:14AM -0800, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> I've committed attached patch as obvious.
> When building with gcc (GCC) 4.9.0 20131114 (experimental),
> a call to 'sprintf(NULL, ...)' gets compiled into UD2 on x86_64,
> and the test fails with unexpected SIGILL.
> Since we really do want to call sprintf here, the fix is for GCC to
> ignore its builtin knowledge of what sprintf does.
This was filled as following bug,
So I updated NEWS accordingly.