This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Add sysdeps/x86/i686
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:43:11 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add sysdeps/x86/i686
- References: <20130106004333.GA28831@intel.com>
What's the benefit of adding a new sysdeps directory?
For the common Makefile parts you could just move them into a
sysdeps/i386/i686/cacheinfo.mk and sysdeps/i386/i686/hp-timing.mk and
then include those from both sysdeps/.../Makefile files.
For the source files what sysdeps/x86_64/hp-timing.h already does
is better than #ifdef's in the shared file.