Re: Sharing of bits/fcntl.h on Linux (SPARC, x86)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> On which architecture? I'll investigate and fix.

This was on x86_64, but I don't see *any* __O_SYNC definitions, for any
architecture, so I expect it will be broken everywhere.

> The sys/types.h change was intentional, if this causes failures, then an
> include is missing,

I believe it was previously deliberately decided that public POSIX headers
should be self-contained in the sense of defining all the types involved
in the prototypes and structures in those headers - that glibc would treat
the changes that have been made in POSIX to make headers self-contained in
that way as fixes to defects in older versions of POSIX.  That is, off_t,
mode_t and pid_t should by this model be defined in fcntl.h for all POSIX
versions, even though older versions do not require them to be defined
there (but do permit them to be defined there).  Also on this basis, all
the code in conformtest.pl that might prepend other includes when testing
a header is commented out.  So if you don't include <sys/types.h> then the
conditions around the definitions of those three types in io/fcntl.h
should be removed.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com