This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Avoid plain "aligned" attributes in installed headers
- From: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:36:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: Avoid plain "aligned" attributes in installed headers
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On 05/14/2012 09:57 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> Installed headers should always use the forms of attributes with __
> prefixes and suffixes, so __attribute__ ((__aligned__ (8))) instead of
> the plain "aligned" form, to avoid taking identifiers from the user's
> namespace. (This isn't needed if the attribute is already a keyword
> such as "const".)
> I propose this patch to fix the instances I found - could the powerpc
> and s390 maintainers review it?
s390 part is ok. Thanks!