This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Avoid plain "aligned" attributes in installed headers
- From: "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 16:19:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: Avoid plain "aligned" attributes in installed headers
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Joseph S. Myers
> Installed headers should always use the forms of attributes with __
> prefixes and suffixes, so __attribute__ ((__aligned__ (8))) instead of
> the plain "aligned" form, to avoid taking identifiers from the user's
> namespace. Â(This isn't needed if the attribute is already a keyword
> such as "const".)
> I propose this patch to fix the instances I found - could the powerpc
> and s390 maintainers review it?
I built and tested this on PowerPC and it's fine, though I don't think
any of the tests in the suite use procfs.h.
Ryan S. Arnold